This week - not just on Wednesday, January 18th - I am choosing to stand with others against the SOPA / PIPA bills that are before the U.S. Congress that could have negative consequences for free speech and free exchange of ideas and information. Watch the video above and checkout the resources below.
- Information on H.R.3261 - Stop Online Piracy Act at OpenCongress.org
- Information on S.968 PROTECT IP Act at OpenCongress.org
- /r/SOPA FAQ
- Problematic language in the bill pointed out by a redditor.
- Video examination of bill's language.
- List of companies that have expressed support for SOPA or PIPA.
- List of tech companies, and their contact info, that have expressed support for SOPA or PIPA.
- List of companies that have expressed concern with SOPA and PIPA.
- Take Action Checklist at Stop American Censorship.
- Contact Your Representative with info and a widget to find them by EFF and Wired for Change.
- Directory of Representatives
- Senators of the 112th Congress
- Helpful info on making phone calls to your Senator or Representative.
- SOPAOpera.org keeps track of where your Congressmembers stand on PROTECT-IP and SOPA.
- Help Stop SOPA/PIPA (wordpress.org)
- Stay On Top of the Fight Against SOPA/PIPA with These Tools [Sopa] (lifehacker.com)
- Fight PIPA, SOPA's Senate cousin, with this Senate scorecard (boingboing.net)
- Find Out Where Your Legislators Stand On SOPA, PIPA (readwriteweb.com)
- The Problem with SOPA (And How to Stop It) (copyblogger.com)
- Meetup groups for visiting your Congresspeople and Senators at home and giving them an earful about SOPA and PIPA (boingboing.net)
- What You Need to Know About SOPA in 2012 (readwriteweb.com)
- As Congress Resumes Discussing SOPA And PIPA, Show Your Opposition With #BlackoutSOPA (techcrunch.com)
- Tech Company PACs Donate To SOPA/PIPA Sponsors (readwriteweb.com)
- PIPA Weakens as SOPA Gets Hypocritical (forbes.com)
- Reddit going dark for a day to protest SOPA online censorship bill (arstechnica.com)
- Even Without DNS Blocking, the Protect IP Act Could Still Stifle Innovation (readwriteweb.com)
- Wyden, Issa, CEA prepare for critical battles against SOPA and PIPA (arstechnica.com)