Check out this video of a discussion of social media trends for 2011 for Social Media Club France Lounge which took place near the French web conference, LeWeb in France. Jeremiah Owyang (Altimeter Group), Paul Papadimitriou (Twitter), and Fabrice Epelboin (Twitter - and who writes for Read Write Web) discuss "Is Facebook American imperialism?"
Owyang uploaded the video and commented:
In this discussion we discuss social media from a global perspective (not just an American one) and we discuss and debate why many of the popular social networking sites are coming from United States, and adoption across the globe (see my collection of stats).
Gradually, the discussion turns to the most interesting part -- and they touch on some of the cultural and legal issues involved in social media around the world. B2B and B2C. A must see for international educators interested in using social media.
- How to Take Control Over Your Social Media Proliferation (readwriteweb.com)
- Can Social Media Pros Have Their Cake and Eat it Too? (searchenginejournal.com)
- Friday Talk: Jeremiah Owyang About Social Media And Big Business (stateofsearch.com)
- The Next Giant Leap for Social Media Marketing (mpdailyfix.com)
- Jeremiah Owyang: Lead the Dynamic Customer Journey [SLIDES] (dreamgrow.com)