Every so often, I feature different types of tech tools that I've found handy or interesting. Today I'm featuring a laptop accessory that I almost can't do without, the Targus Ergonomic X Stand for Notebook. (See their site for other views.)
This is a godsend, especially for road warriors as well as for those using laptops in offices or homes. Why do I like this tool so much?
- Raises the notebook to a nice ergonomic height for hand placement
- Allows air to move beneath to help keep the notebook's base cool
- Can be easily adjusted to fit a wide variety of laptops, no matter the size
- Sturdy little frame
- Has protective covers to prevent marring furniture
- Perfect for travel as it is only 5.6 oz and folds down compactly to 6.4? x 1.6? x 1.5?, which easily fits in laptop cases and even purses
I've had mine since Spring 2006 and think it's an excellent tool at a good price.
Cost: Approximately US$30. I bought it off-the-shelf at a local Target store. It is also available from a number of online retailers.
The Manitou Heights blog is not currently supported by advertising, nor do we accept remuneration for mentioning the products or services that are discussed.